Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The box effect

I shared my first box of crayons in 2nd grade.
These were my special crayons. 
I mean come on, it's not every day that you get a 48 pack. 
The colors in there were like none others. 
Jazzberry Jam
Marconi and Cheese
Banana Mania
                                                                          Inchworm
Wild Blue Yonder
Purple Mountain's Majesty 
Tickle Me Pink
Mauvelous 
And not even one of them had been used. 
Then the teacher comes along thinking she is the boss and tells me I need to share my crayons. 
The nerve. 
It was the most awful 10 minutes of my life. 
Hands everywhere plucking the perfect organization to nothingness. 
All for a stupid coloring page. 
My anger was razzmatazz and unmellow yellow fused together
My precious crayons ruined. 
My 8 year old self couldn't handle the trauma. 
From that day on I vowed to never share my crayons again. 



2 comments:

  1. i like that this is about crayons but also it isn't at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My anger was razzmatazz and unmellow yellow fused together" this is so smooth

    ReplyDelete