Sunday, October 12, 2014

Its the throwing thats overwhelming. From every direction things come flying into life and the only thing to stop it is to throw my arms over my head.

It started off from expectations. Sitting in 7th grade I waited for it to begin. I kept a straight 4.0 only talked to the good girls and held my books tight. I wanted to be the best. I could be the best. I would be the best. Right up until life got in the way.

Magazines started turning up on my night stand instead of stargirl. Flower clips turned into flat irons. Jean jackets turned into leather jackets. Gauchos turned into jeggings. And play turned to "hang out"

when the days got longer the cliques swarmed them selves. i learned quickly that if you don't invite your self you don't get invited at all. Be the center, be the funniest, girls don't last long any ways so take the boys from them, be peppy, cheery, and at all costs remember to bring bronzer Everywhere. Be fake fake fake. Insta selfies make you popular. The unpopular. Switch to a fancy camera and vsco. Make sure you snap chat every second of the day. a key rule: its my way or the highway

Unfortunately too many things are being thrown that the other things seem so small now. Relationships and money and those people called family, and jobs, and majors. Who knows what they want to be at 18?

Sitting in 12th grade I wait for it all to end. I thought I would want to stay in the party life forever. But people are too immature and the world is too big.

The today's are tomorrow's and soon tomorrows are the today's.
I just throw my arms up and let the college applications hit me hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment